Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Easy Leek and Bacon Red Rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easy Leek and Bacon Red Rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for this. There are a lot of health conditions linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to lead a healthier lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. It is possible, however, to make a few small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you shop for food because it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your favorite cereal? Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will provide you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
Therefore, it should be quite obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to easy leek and bacon red rice recipe. To cook easy leek and bacon red rice you only need 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Easy Leek and Bacon Red Rice:
- Prepare 2 cup cooked rice
- Use 6 leeks
- Provide 150 grams bacon bits
- Prepare 1 tbsp olive oil
- Prepare 1 salt and pepper
- Use 1 cup white wine or chicken stock
Instructions to make Easy Leek and Bacon Red Rice:
- Wash and prepare the leeks by cutting the green part and slicing the rest into thin rounds
- Place the bacon bits in a cold pan and let fry over low heat so you don't have to add additional grease
- If your bacon drippings make less than 1 tablespoon, add some olive oil
- When your bacon's almost cooked, add the thinly sliced leeks. Fry for a couple of minutes then add wine or stock
- Then cook until liquid evaporates and leeks are tender (about 15 minutes). If leeks are almost tender but there's way too much liquid left, just add a tablespoon of flour or cornstarch to thicken it up
- I cooked some red rice for this dish - - https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/357176-how-to-cook-thai-red-rice
If you find this Easy Leek and Bacon Red Rice recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.