Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Rich beef stew with dumplings recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Rich beef stew with dumplings recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons for doing this. The overall economy is impacted by the number of people who suffer from diseases such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. In all likelihood, most people assume that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. In reality, however, just making a few minor changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
If you want to see results, it is definitely not a requirement to drastically modify your eating habits. Even more important than entirely changing your diet is just simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever possible. Sooner or later, you will likely see that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds become accustomed to the change. Like many other habits, change occurs over a period of time and once a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you will not feel the need to go back to your old diet.
Evidently, it’s not at all difficult to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to rich beef stew with dumplings recipe. You can cook rich beef stew with dumplings using 17 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Rich beef stew with dumplings:
- Provide 800 g diced beef
- Take 150 g smoked bacon
- Prepare 1 large onion
- You need 3 cloves garlic
- Take 3 carrots
- Prepare 200 g mushrooms (fresh wild mushrooms if you can get them button mushrooms if not)
- Prepare 12 whole small salad potatoes
- Use 200 g beef suet
- You need 400 g self raising flour
- Prepare fresh thyme
- Take olive oil
- Prepare 250 ml double cream
- You need 1 beef stock pot or fresh beef stock
- Provide 500 ml stout or other dark beer
- Prepare 4 bay leaves
- Take to taste salt
- Provide 1 tsp ground black pepper
Steps to make Rich beef stew with dumplings:
- Chop the bacon into approx 2cm squares, the garlic resaonably coarsely and slice the onion.
- Fry the bacon in a large pan in some olive oil until it begins to brown.
- Add the onions and fry until translucent stirring all the time.
- In a very hot heavy bottomed frying pan or dutch oven sear the beef in batches.
- Add the beef and the garlic to the pan and stir thoroughly.
- Pour in the stout, bring to a simmer and turn the heat low.
- Add the broken up mushrooms,
- The carrots
- And the potatoes, top up with some water or beef stock, stir and bring back to a simmer. Add a stock pot if you don't use fresh beef stock.
- Add the bay leaves and a few sprigs of thyme, stir and simmer on a very low heat for 30 minutes. I tend to vary the herbs in this recipe. I find any combination of fresh thyme, sage, rosemary and oregano works.
- While the stew is simmering, make the dumplings. Mix the flour, the suet, some fresh thyme leaves and about 1/2 a tsp of salt together.
- Add water a little at a time stirring all the time until you have a soft dough mix.
- After simmering for 30 minutes, add the cream a little at a time stirring it in between each pour. Taste the stew at this stage and if needed add some salt. Add the pepper. You can get a more traditional stew by leaving out the cream.
- With a table or desert spoon, spoon in the dumpling mixture. Cover and simmer gently for another 30 minutes or until the dumplings are cooked throughout.
If you find this Rich beef stew with dumplings recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.